- University of Washigton - Seattle, WA (part-time) September 2014-present
- Candidate for a Masters of Science in Aeronautics and Astronautics (MSAA)
- Relevant Courses: Electricity and Magnetism, Scientific Computing, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Spacecraft Propulsion
- Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering – Needham, MA May 2013
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Relevant Courses: Spatially Distributed Systems, Electricity and Magnetism, Fundamentals of Aerospace Engineering, Principles of Engineering, Mechanical and Aerospace Systems II, Mechanical Design, Design for Manufacture, Mechanics of Solids and Structures, Materials Science, Transport Phenomena, Thermodynamics
- Fundamentals of Electrical Propulsion (Olin Self Study Research Project) 2010-2013
- Lead the design of a laboratory arcjet thruster with several other students, sponsored by Olin College and the MA Space Grant Consortium, in partnership with NASA/MIT. Goals were to design a working model which did not require complex support systems.
- Applications of Laser Interferometry 2010-2011
- Received support from Eidolon Optical LLC. to build a unique dual beam laser interferometer capable of detecting sound through solid resonant media. Abstract accepted to the SPIE Optics and Photonics Conference at San Diego in August 2011.
- Microsoft Corporation (Word) - Seattle, WA July 2013 - Present
- Program Manager II - Responsible for the planning, design, and execution of new and improved features within Microsoft Word. Work with researchers, designers, and engineers throughout the development process.
- Barrett Technology – Cambridge, MA June-August 2011
- Mechanical Engineering Internship - Developed a cable life-cycle analysis test system, a control accessory for the Barrett Hand, and more. Built CAD models in Solidworks, created drawings, and performed detailed analysis of complex electromechanical systems.
- Fremantle Port Authority– Perth, Australia May-August 2010
- Mechanical Engineering Internship - Worked on a variety of large scale heavy industrial projects including a conveyor tunnel rebuild, a rail clamp project to more firmly secure the ship loader/unloaders against cyclone storms, and general work on the ship unloader.
Olin College – Needham, MA
- Senior Capstone Project in Engineering (Boston Scientific) Fall 2012 - Spring 2013
- Chief technical Officer. Researched bronchoscopy tools and procedures and worked with physicians to design a bronchoscopy tool to afford physicians more confidence in their biopsies.
- Olin Self Study – Graduation Dissertation Spring 2013
- Wrote a paper summarizing the design and development of arcjet thrusters.
- Mechanical and Aerospace Systems II Spring 2011
- Designed a perching landing gear system for a quad rotor under the auspice of a SBIR Grant
- Advanced Classical Mechanics Fall 2010
- Collaboratively designed a time minimization algorithm for a 4DOF robotic arm
- Principles of Engineering Spring 2010
- Designed and built a three stage optically triggered 2-axis coil-gun with a group of fellow students
Leadership and Activities
- Society for Advanced Rocket Propulsion – University of Washington 2016-present
- Student team that builds a high-powered sounding rocket designed to reach 30k feet with a 10lb cubesat equivalent payload.
- Resident Resource – Olin College, Needham, MA 2010-2012
- Open student resource in dorms. Helped organize orientation and events, respond to emergencies, resolve conflicts, respect confidentiality. Selected for two consecutive years.
- Olin Scuba Club - Olin College, Needham, MA 2011-2012
- Olin Scuba Club founder/president. PADI Master Scuba Instructor, Divemaster, Emergency First Response Instructor.
- Boy Scouts of America – U.S.A., U.K., and Australia 1999-2008
- Eagle Scout, BSA Senior Patrol Leader, Assistant Senior Patrol Leader, Troop Guide, Treasurer, Den Chief, Patrol Leader
- Hobbies, Interests and Certifications
- PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor, PADI Divemaster, Emergency First Response CPR, AED, Primary & Secondary Care Instructor, Project AWARE and AWARE Coral Reef Conservation Specialty Instructor, Peak Performance Buoyancy Instructor, AHA Heartsaver/AED, SOLO Wilderness First Aid, NSP Mountain Travel and Rescue I, NSP Introduction to Avalanche Safety and Rescue, CAA Avalanche First Response, FEMA EMI Introduction to Incident Command System
MATLAB/Simulink, Certified Solidworks Professional, ASME Y14.5-1994, COMSOL, ANSYS, SQL, Python, Fortran
Certified basic proficiency, manual mill and lathe trained, CNC mill trained, Sheet metal trained, GMAW welding.